By: Patrick To
It doesn’t matter whether you are old or young. The existence of annoying drivers on the road will always be a danger to our way of life. They live in every corner of the United States, and they can completely ruin your day. Let’s start with parking.
In my own experience, possibly the most annoying drivers are those people who park in the middle of Dauphin Street in the morning. When I park, I would like to park next to the building. The problem is, people obstruct your view when they park in the middle, so you don’t see any open parking space in front when you come onto Dauphin from Emmaus. Instead of driving to the front to check, I park all the way in the back because it looks like there isn’t any space in the front. It is infuriating to find out every morning that there is enough space for a few cars. Everyday, I walk the extra eighth of a block to find that I could have skipped that walk. It’s really not a hard concept. When you get to school in the morning, park in the front of the line. Everyone after should line up behind them. Why would you park 3 spaces worth of cars behind someone and waste so much space? There are a few theories to explain this phenomenon.
- People don’t know how to think logically
- People are too lazy to drive the extra 10 yards
- People are bad at driving
Hopefully, if you park on dauphin street, you will read this and get the idea.
There are many other things that drivers do that can be considered annoying, but they don’t really bother me too much, so here’s a list of them:
- People who don’t use turn signals
- People who signal really early
- People who signal really late
- People who take up two parking spaces because they don’t know how to park
- People who make left turns onto Emmaus (it’s not their fault, but I don’t like waiting the extra minute)
- People who drive by a four way and cut you off without stopping even though you were there first